Note that progress on these goals will be reported in October 2012. Student performance data from the state is not available in all areas until that time. Goals for the 2012-2013 school year will be posted once they are approved by the School Board.
The Great Valley School District goals for 2011-2012 are:
1. College Attendance GOALS:
2. PSSA GOALS:
- 93% of graduates will attend college/post-secondary education.
- 50% of our graduates will attend the Best 376 Colleges this year; 60% of our graduates will be accepted at the Best 376 Colleges (as identified by The Princeton Review).
3. SAT GOAL: GV will increase each content area of the SAT by 5 points.
- Increase the number of students who achieve advanced by 5% in each applicable grade level in math and reading.
- Decrease the number of students who score below basic or basic by 20% in each applicable grade level in math and reading.
4. ACT GOAL: GV will increase our college readiness measure (of all four subject areas) by 10% of students taking the exam.
5. AP GOALS:
6. National Merit GOAL: GV’s goal is to increase the number of national merit finalists/commendations by six students (total number either final or commendations).
- 90% of our students taking AP exams will earn a 3 or higher.
- 30% of our students will participate in an AP course.
7. Service Projects and Internships GOAL: We will collect baseline data for the number of students K-12 who participate in service projects/internships and set a goal for increasing that number. This number will be compared with the total participation in service projects in fall 2012.
8. Parent Survey GOAL: A survey will be designed and given to parents in fall 2011.The survey will provide numerical data to be used in comparison with the same survey given in spring 2012.
9. Budget GOAL: Operational spending by the District in 2011-2012 will be 1.5 million dollars less than the budgeted amount.