Wall of Fame
The Great Valley School District Wall of Fame Program was established in 2012 to ensure that the lives and achievements of Great Valley’s most accomplished graduates will be forever known among fellow graduates, current and future high school students, and the Great Valley community.
Criteria for Nomination to the Wall of Fame:
- Great Valley graduate, graduated at least 10 years before the year of nomination. (Nominees must be graduates of GVHS, but need not reside in the Great Valley community.)
- Models high standards of excellence in personal and/or professional life.
- Outstanding contribution to volunteer service or their local community.
- Nominees have succeeded at local, regional or international levels in any appropriate areas of endeavor, including academia and education, arts, business, media, public service, medicine, military, sports, etc.
Wall of Fame Selection Committee:
The Wall of Fame Selection Committee is comprised of nine members who are charged with the administration of the program, the review of nominations, the selection of inductees, and the recognition of inductees. Members are:
- Asst. Principal GVHS
- Director of Communications and Outreach
- Central Office Administrator
- GVHS Senior Class President
- GVHS Student School Board Representative
- 2 Faculty Members (employed by GVSD for at least 10 years and who reside in the district)
- 3 Alumni
Up to 3 Wall of Fame Members will be named every year. Nominees will be judged according to criteria set forth by the judging committee. The committee shall require a minimum vote of 75 percent of those present and voting to select the Wall of Fame inductees.
NOTE: For the inaugural year of the program (2012), the Committee reserves the right to name up to 5 inductees.
Nominations are made annually on a schedule to be established by the Wall of Fame Committee.
Nominees may be solicited through any means affiliated with Great Valley School District.
All nominations shall be directed to the Wall of Fame Committee, through the Community Relations Office at Great Valley School District.
All nominations shall be in writing via the nomination form and shall be accompanied by at least three reference contacts who can speak to the nominee’s character/achievement.
Nominations may be made posthumously.
If a nominee is not elected to the Hall of Fame for a particular year, that nominee may be resubmitted in following years.
The nominations and nominee identities shall be held in confidence by the Wall of Fame Committee.
The induction ceremony shall be held annually at such time and place as the committee shall determine. The Great Valley High School Wall of Fame Selection Committee shall establish a program and see to all necessary details of the induction ceremony. Inductees will be encouraged to attend their own induction ceremony and will be invited to attend future ceremonies.
Inductees will be added to the Wall of Fame display at Great Valley High School and included on the Great Valley School District web site.